Planning & Development/Building

Department Contact Information

Title:  Land Planner

Name: Jeff Hrynkiw

Telephone: 306-862-9866

Fax: 306-862-3076


210 Second Avenue East Box 2134, Nipawin

Effective March 1st 2023, the Planning Department will be available Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  The Land Planner will be happy to schedule an appointment with you, please email Jeff Hrynkiw or contact the Town office.  Messages will be returned in order of contact with the Department.

The Planning Department is responsible to provide information relating to the development and building process in Nipawin.  The department also manages land sales, the District Plan, and Nipawin's Zoning Bylaw.   



Building and Development Permits

Return to top

Return to top


Land Planning



988/15 Building Bylaw

1 Deck Information

A Development and Building Permit is required for the construction of any deck larger than 107.5 square feet.

1 Fence Information

Although a Building Permit is not required to build a fence, some regulations do apply.

Zoning & Planning

1126/21 Twin Lakes District Official Community Plan

1112/20 Zoning Amendment-Boarding Houses

763/2000 Zoning Bylaw - Consolidated